Fine….I cant wait until January for sure!! I missed my space, I missed writing. This is the only way i actually can let go of both the good, bad and almost worst energies i have bottled up inside.
Its been actually an interesting year.Funny enough 80% of my friends have had quite an year. From heartbreaks, to weddings, to funerals, to new jobs, travelling around the world, to moving out (Psst!!! I moved out) . And I’m really happy all of us have a story to tell. At least i ain’t growing alone.
The holidays are here. If there is one thing i am not lucky about, is that i don’t have parents nor grandparents to visit and since i am not married, i don’t have in laws to go annoy. My partner is somewhere in Africa,working.Goodness!! and the friends i’d want to spend the holidays with, are already parking ready to go to ushago or are already there…’Heeeyy Cookie…’ or some of them will be working…So…Literally I’m spending Christmas alone maybe…I guess….But Heeeeyyy!!! Its not such a bad thing…Right???
Who am i kidding!!! Its Pathetic!!! Its okay though….
Whoever said, “You never know what you got till is gone,” I feel you aki.
Where am i headed with all this ranting….
Here are ways to spend Christmas alone, and enjoy it….
- Don’t allow your thoughts or feelings to define your days.– You can’t control what you think or feel, but you have control of your choices and actions, so make it great! I honestly don’t think anyone enjoys being alone over this time but,remember that you deserve just as much festivity alone as you would with others. Don’t cheat yourself by thinking you deserve less because you’re alone! Love yourself honey, to the moon and back, and to the moon again and back.
- Do something you used to enjoy as a kid – As for me on Christmas Eve, i enjoyed going to church to watch all those plays and skits and i used to find humor whenever a kid missed or forgot their lines. Gets to me to date. Later after midnight, id enjoy mom’s cake that she used to bake using a jiko.(We were poor then haha)… When i grew a little bit older, I’d sit at home the entire night and watch Christmas movies till dawn. These emotional stuff though….And when i grew more older older (Yaani after nmekua kua) Clubbing was life on Christmas Eve….But then… Its not as exciting as such when the entire crew are in different places of the world….
- Be kind to someone – Kindness can be one of the most fulfilling things ever, whether it’s volunteering at a children’s home or cleaning out closets and donating to those in need. It’s a win-win; you help people in need AND create new space in your life to grow. Kindness is also proven to give your happiness and well-being a healthy boost. I just might try this out this year.
- Travel Solo -This should be on top of my list. I’m the kind of person who would do anything to go out of town.Ask the people who know me haha. I don”t mind travelling alone,i enjoy my company too much.I usually find myself telling myself jokes and laughing to them….Yessss I’m funny like that. This though, Here in Kenya, if you don’t plan your travels before the festive season, you in for a rude shock.Flights, train, buses are fully booked until New Years, and if you lucky enough to get space, prices are exaggerated and most definitely the hotels are fully booked. But for me, id choose this over any other iv’e mentioned.
- Treat yourself to something special -Go shopping. This is one of my favorite hobbies, any day, any time….Helps me clear my mind. Have movie date. Going to see a movie or show alone can be a fun experience. Pick something that you really want to see.
- Read a book -Setting aside long periods of time to read can help you get around to finishing that book you’ve been wanting to read and feel accomplished
The list is endless. I just don’t want to restrain myself from enjoying myself this holiday. I never live on regrets. … If you got any more ideas on how I should spend Christmas, hit on the comment section….
Happy Holiday from me!!
Too much love….
Until next time,